- staff and siteadmin on alioth for main Alioth administrators with full rights
- alioth-staff is a superset of the former that includes some assistants
- Services handled by the team are /srv/* on alioth.debian.org:
Interacting with the team
Read the FAQ first: Alioth FAQ
Email contact: <admin AT alioth DOT debian DOT org>
Request tracker: http://alioth.debian.org/tracker/?func=add&group_id=1&atid=200001
Public IRC channel: #alioth on irc.debian.org (OFTC)
- Main administrators
- All admins regularly handles support request including creation of VCS repositories and approval of new projects.
- Roland Mas (Lo-lan-do) handles the gforge package and coordinates changes in the upstream code.
- Stephen Gran (sgran) helps out with system administration, his Exim skills are always very helpful.
- Christian Bayle (chris38) is co-maintainer of the gforge package and is there in backup. He helps from time to time with changes in the gforge code.
- Alexander Wirt (formorer)
- Occasional helpers
Thijs Kinkhorst helps us prod the project admins who host badly installed web applications (with world-writable files in htdocs public directories for example, see Alioth/Web)
The main task of the team is to keep the infrastructure up and running so that all hosted projects can continue develop new cool things and make Debian an even better distribution.
There are plans to provide more services, but it's all done on best-effort and Alioth administration is not the only project of the Alioth administrators, so don't count on it... unless you're ready to help out and pave the path for us by preparing what's required.
Join the alioth-staff team and review security of the various web applications installed on Alioth.
Package web applications so that Alioth admins can provide packaged (and security supported) versions of the most popular web applications used.
Patch Gforge to act as on OpenID identity provider (see this SoC proposal).
Provide a gforge-integrated solution so that each project can have its own wiki without having another copy of a web application that needs to be tracked.