Package Loomio for Debian
Confirmed Mentor: Abhijith PA
How to contact the mentor: abhijith AT debian.org, bhe on OFTC
Confirmed co-mentors: Raju Devidas (firstname.lastname@example.org, libregeekingkid on OFTC)
Deliverables of the project:
- The deliverables of this project would be getting Loomio and its dependencies into Debian.
- In the process Interns will also need to update few of the existing Debian packages.
- If we make some patches during Packaging process, we will try to get them merged upstream into Loomio's codebase.
- Well versed with Git.
- Familiarity with using Debian or any of its Derivatives.
What the intern will learn:
- How software gets delivered to end users by Debian and other distributions.
- Software packaging for Debian and in the process will gain an insight on how it is done for other distributions.
- You will learn git very well as it is used at each step through the process.
- The intern will improve their communication skills by interacting with the larger Debian community.
Understand basics of packaging by starting to read Debian New maintainer's Guide https://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/maint-guide/index.en.html
Study the various Ruby/Node packages within Debian, you can take a look at the package source codes at https://salsa.debian.org/
- Study the various packaging tools such as gem2deb, npm2deb and dh_make.
Related projects: links to some existing projects that are related.