Description of the project: EasyGnuPG is a shell script that wraps GPG and tries to make it more accessible and more easy to use: https://github.com/dashohoxha/egpg In order to simplify things, it is opinionated about the "right" way of using GnuPG. Here are some improvements that can be done:
Rewrite EasyGnuPG (or parts of it) so that it is built with Python and GPGME (https://www.gnupg.org/software/gpgme/)
- Implement a GUI to EasyGnuPG (maybe with Python).
- Extend EasyGnuPG with scripts/commands that automate other common usage scenarios (for example keeping the master key on a card).
- Write a Debian package for installing EasyGnuPG.
Confirmed Mentor: Dashamir Hoxha
How to contact the mentor: firstname.lastname@example.org
Confirmed co-mentors: (seeking co-mentors with experience in Python, GPG, DEB packages)
Deliverables of the project: To be defined later
Desirable skills: Python, GPG, Bash scripting
What the intern will learn: The desirable skills that he does not yet know
- Write a bash script for solving the problem of Towers of Hanoi.
- Send a message signed and encrypted with GPG.
- Write a simple GUI program with Python