Project Name : Improving chat communication with free software
Name : Balram Pariyarath <email@example.com>
Student Application : https://wiki.debian.org/SummerOfCode2016/StudentApplications/BalramP
Github Profile : https://github.com/balumenon96/
Project Mentors :
Daniel Pocock <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- C++ implementation of SIP, ICE, TURN and related protocols.
- Users can use this gateway to exchange messages between XMPP and SIP server and vice-versa.
Testing the project using Prosody
- The code was successfully uploaded to the lab server provided by Daniel, and testing was done by using Prosody to setup the gateway and sent/receive message.
Test 1: Sending message from a XMPP client.
XMPP client used: Conversations
- The gateway was set to auto respond "You have reached Ichat gateway" to the messages send by the user to another SIP account through the gateway.
Test 2: Sending message from iChat MAC client.
- XMPP client used: Apple iChat
Weekly Reports Sent
I cant thank enough Google and Debian for giving me such a wonderful experience. And specially my mentor, Daniel Pocock, who had been extremely supportive and educative in this journey.