|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 25:||Line 25:|
|• '''18th Aug – 24th Aug''' : Week reserved for improvement or medication to certain code if required.||• '''18th Aug – 24th Aug''' : Week reserved for project documentation, improvement or medication to certain code if required.|
Student Application Template
To fill this in, copy the source text. Please don't rename the template.
This is a suggestion for the kind of information we'll find useful from students in their submissions. Remember -- you're going to be committing to several months' work. The more information and planning you can provide up-front, the more we (and Google!) will have to go on when we're ranking your application. Do not forget adding your submission at SummerOfCode2016/StudentApplications
Name Udit Raikwar
Contact: IRC : #udit043 , email : email@example.com
Background: I am 3rd year student pursuing Bachelor of Engineering from JEC , India. I have created some interesting innovative projects using OpenCV. I have a good knowledge about C , C++ and little bit of Python.
Project title: Improving voice, video and chat communication with free software
• 22nd April – 22nd May: Community Bonding Period – Communication with mentor, discuss ideas and approach to solve some bugs, understand the code to be worked upon and find out what more can be done.
• 23rd May – 21st Jun : Write code to solve issue #25
• 22nd Jun – 15th Jul : Write code to solve issue #28
• 16th Jul – 10th Aug : Write code to solve issue #93
• 11th Aug – 17th Aug : Try to introduce any new innovative feature.
• 18th Aug – 24th Aug : Week reserved for project documentation, improvement or medication to certain code if required.
Exams and other commitments: Yes, semester exams are in May.
Other summer plans: No, just coding.
Why Debian?: Debian comes with over 43000 different pieces of software and every bit of it is free. I had a moment of epiphany which led to a realization that I should be investing more of my time in learning the practical aspects of my education and Debian is the correct place to start. I would like to contribute and want to be a part of this big organisation.
My previous Debian contributions: No
Are you applying for other projects in SoC? : No