Student Application Template
Name: Olivier GRÉGOIRE
Background: I'm an electronics technologist and a beginner in the IT area. I studying at École de technologie supérieure in Montréal. I used C during 3 years to program some microcontrollers. Now, I play with Java from 1 year and I begin with C++ in this GSoC.
Feel free to contact me, I will be happy to speak with you
Project title: smartInfo
Project details: Create tool to display on clients the performances of the ring software (CPU, GPU, Memory usage, Codecs used, pourcentage of packet lost, bandwidth...). These information will be really important for the consummer to understand what's happend in Ring when he don't work properly.
Synopsis: Ring is a secure and distributed voice, video and chat communication platform that requires no centralized server and leaves the power of privacy in the hands of the user.
Project schedule: My project will take 4 month and begin on May and I will work on it 40 hours per weeks
- 1 May - 27 May: Project integration, documentation, compilation.
- 28 May - 10 June: List metrics which should be exposed
- 11 June - 27 June: Architecture a solution with public APIs
- 28 June - 20 july: Validate the solution via a prototype
- 21 July - 6 August: Implement accepted solution
- 6 August - 23 August: Tests and documentation.
Benefits to Debian: Ring will be an better software on Debian
Exams and other commitments: I have no exams in all this summer long.
Why Debian?: I'm a new user but I already love Debian and his community. I want to be part of this.
Are you applying for other projects in SoC? No