Name: Kevin ?McKee
Background: I am a Chinese sophomore of Xidian University. I have learned good knowledge of c/c++ and java , Android development. reverse engineering and so on. This is my repo on github https://github.com/vavill. I am also familiar with linux since I use ubuntu for years. My time is enough to code. There are 8 hours for me to code every day at least.
Project title: Android SDK Tools in Debian
- finish packaging all of the core development tools (lint, gradle-plugin, SDK Manager, etc.)
- update android-tools and relevant pkg-java packages to the latest upstream version
- update androidsdk-tools to the Android Tools Team style, and update to latest upstream version
- package new parts of the Android upstream source, including the NDK, target platforms, emulators, Android Studio, etc.
- package and improve / update related tools, like apktool, androguard, fdroidserver, drozer, etc.
Synopsis: Improve Android development on Debian.
Benefits to Debian: Make Android development on Debian more efficiently.
Deliverables: The deliverables of this project will mostly be finished packages submitted to Debian sid, both for new packages and updated packages. Whenever possible, we should also try to get patches submitted and merged upstream in the Android sources.
Communicate with community: I will do research as soon as possible and figure out how to do with community.
Make plan: Once I know how I can accomplish it, I will make a schedule.
Hard Working: As I get lots of time to code, I will code everyday as much as I can.
Adjust to changing circumstances: Nothing will always work as we think.
Exams and other commitments: I have a final exam at the end of July.
Other summer plans: None.
Why Debian?: Because I use Ubuntu for a long time. I like apt package manager very much. It is best package manager among all Linux.
My previous Debian contributions: None.
Are you applying for other projects in SoC? No.