Name: Aaron Delaney
- I'm a dedicated self-taught programmer now studying Computational Problem Solving and Software Development in Dublin City University. I've quite a bit of web experience behind me, my Github lists a good bit of it. To summarize: lots of python experience, lots of web experience. Also one thing that's easy to miss on my github is the wand web-app spell-checker, which is in the 'cpssd/optionals/spellcheck' directory. Unlisted is a web-based RSS Reader, that uses Materalize.css with a node.js web-server and a bunch of back-end tools mostly written in Python, that I'm currently working on as a Semester 2 project with a talanted group at DCU.
Project title: Make Debsources Mobile-friendly
Project details: Debsources is an important resource in the Debian ecosystem. It provides an entry point to all the debian source code with useful features and API. Unfortunately it doesn't have support mobiles in any sense. This project will fix this issue.
<to be filled in :)>
Benefits to Debian
- Debsources is a very useful resource to all Debian developers and this project makes it more accessible than ever.
- A redesigned Debsources webpage that renders well on mobile, with tests integrated into the Debsources test suite and good documentation
- Research and figure out (with help from the mentors) whether to take Debsources to a native webapp or to figure out how to implement those features inside the new Debsources.
- Implement a native application, or in an SPA, a improved version of Debsources. Faster load times, a patch editor and a good user experience are all important features.
- Regardless of whether to code goes native or gets integrated into the SPA, the code should be well tested and maintainable.
Before 23rd May: Have a good idea of where to take the project in regards the native application or hybrid single page application.
Between 23rd May -> 14th June: Implement the mobile compliant version of the site, including tests and documentation.
Before Mid Term Evaluation: Have a clear goal for either the native application or hybrid single page application.
27th June-> 8th August: Implement the native application or add features to the web application.
Exams and other commitments: Nope, but I'll let you know early if anything comes up.
Other summer plans: Apart from chill out with my friends in my spare time, got nothing!
Why Debian?: I love open source and Debian has been a core part of my computing for years. It also seemed like a friendly community based on the wiki.
My previous Debian contributions: As required by this application I submitted a patch to #783461 to the qa-debsources mailing list. Apart from that I've not contributed to Debian.
Are you applying for other projects in SoC: Doesn't look like it at this point no