Make the BTS available via IMAP
Mentor: Tollef Fog Heen
Summary: Create a system that exposes all the mails in the BTS via IMAP
- general understanding of IMAP/email and UNIX
- It would be useful if it was possible to access all the mails in the BTS directly from a mail clients, preferably via multiple facets such as submitter, bug number, source and binary package and so on. This project consists of a few parts:
- Select underlying technologies. I do not believe it would be useful to implement an IMAP server from scratch, but rather build on something like Dovecot. It should either be done by adding another storage backend that natively understands the BTS format or a conversion from the BTS format to a format understandeable by Dovecot
- Depending on technologies, either write a dovecot backend or a tool that can incrementally convert bug reports.
- Set up a test, evaluate scalability and possibly fix those.