Summary: A tool to handle the configuration files for debian kernel.
- Makefile knowledge
- A bit of graph theory knowledge will certainly be of help.
- Current existing framework to build on are written in Ocaml and Python. I am familiar with Ocaml, so if another language is to be chosen, it would be preferable to find a co-mentor familiar with said language, but this can probably be achieved easily enough.
- The debian kernel is built for many architectures, subarchitectures and flavours. On kernel version upgrade, one important task consists of finding configuration options that changed since the previous version, including which modules where added, removed or renamed. The debian kernel includes a framework where the configuration files are shared in a hierarchized way. The tool should additionally allow to edit those configuration options, on a generic, or per-arch/subarch/flavour basis.
- c language is prefered over python and ocaml, provides current base for make allmodconfig or make menuconfig ARCH=foo. -maks
- ncurses wishlist target: make debianconfig with optional args ARCH= and FLAVOUR -maks
- interactive target: make olddebianconfig same args -maks