|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 21:||Line 21:|
|== Possible Projects ==||== Possible Projects (in () possible mentors) ==|
|Line 26:||Line 26:|
| * Britney improvents
* Nicer support of pinning in apt
* Unify apt, dpkg, etc
| * Britney improvents (aba)
* Nicer support of pinning in apt (aba)
* Unify apt, dpkg, etc (aba)
|Line 30:||Line 30:|
| * Real perl shlibs
* Improve shlibs to caclulate the used shlibs, rather then the theorically required ones
| * Real perl shlibs (aba)
* Improve shlibs to caclulate the used shlibs, rather then the theorically required ones (aba)
* A user-friendly security-update notifier/installer
* improved debian/watch system to check upstream versions (possibly in a central db)
This is a draft, and need a lot of work before it leave the draft state.
Should Debian participate in Googles Summer of Code 2006? If so, the project need to formulate projects and announce our interest. This wiki page is created to make it easier to plan and coordinate such effort.
[http://google-code-updates.blogspot.com/2006/04/summer-of-code-2006.html Request for mentoring organizations] has gone out, and Debian need to move quickly to make it before the May 1st deadline. Mentoring organisations should read the [http://code.google.com/soc/mentorfaq.html mentor FAQ].
- Decide if Debian should participate?
- Announce our interest to Google and the rest of the world
- Formulate projects
To be decided
Possible Projects (in () possible mentors)
?DebTags central database rewrite, review functionality, tag adoption and such.
- reportbug enhancements
- A Python/GTK/QT app to manage Debian BTS (would queue actions and then send an e-mail to the BTS to commit changes, make it easier to browse bugs, cross-reference, tag/update/close, etc)
- Britney improvents (aba)
- Nicer support of pinning in apt (aba)
- Unify apt, dpkg, etc (aba)
- Improvements/unification in QA websites (packages.qa.d.o, qa.d.o/developer, dehs, etc)
- Real perl shlibs (aba)
- Improve shlibs to caclulate the used shlibs, rather then the theorically required ones (aba)
- A user-friendly security-update notifier/installer
- improved debian/watch system to check upstream versions (possibly in a central db)