|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 35:||Line 35:|
|* New init system (see discussions on [http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/initscripts-ng-devel/ the initscripts-ng list])|
This is a draft, and need a lot of work before it leave the draft state.
Should Debian participate in Googles Summer of Code 2006? If so, the project need to formulate projects and announce our interest. This wiki page is created to make it easier to plan and coordinate such effort.
[http://google-code-updates.blogspot.com/2006/04/summer-of-code-2006.html Request for mentoring organizations] has gone out, and Debian need to move quickly to make it before the May 1st deadline. Mentoring organisations should read the [http://code.google.com/soc/mentorfaq.html mentor FAQ].
- Decide if Debian should participate?
- Announce our interest to Google and the rest of the world
- Formulate projects
To be decided
Possible Projects (in () possible mentors)
?DebTags central database rewrite, review functionality, tag adoption and such.
- reportbug enhancements
- A Python/GTK/QT app to manage Debian BTS (would queue actions and then send an e-mail to the BTS to commit changes, make it easier to browse bugs, cross-reference, tag/update/close, etc)
- Britney improvents (aba)
- Nicer support of pinning in apt (aba)
- Unify apt, dpkg, etc (aba)
- Improvements/unification in QA websites (packages.qa.d.o, qa.d.o/developer, dehs, etc)
- Real perl shlibs (aba)
- Improve shlibs to caclulate the used shlibs, rather then the theorically required ones (aba)
- A user-friendly security-update notifier/installer
- Improved debian/watch system to check upstream versions (possibly in a central db)
- Improved system to handle WNPP (including expiry of ITPs, checking that orphaned packages have correct maintainer fields, etc).
New init system (see discussions on [http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/initscripts-ng-devel/ the initscripts-ng list])