Debian Cloud Sprint 2016
- when: November 2-4, 2016
- where: Google, Seattle, WA USA
Please note if you are attending remotely via Hangouts. We will have a live Hangouts session running the whole time.
JamesBromberger (Confirmed in-person - from AU)
ChrisFordham (remote from AU)
- Thomas Goirand (zigo) (remotely)
- Marcin Kulisz
- Zach Marano
- Sam Hartman
- Stephen Zarkos
- David Duncan
- Thomas Lange
- Tomasz Rybak
- Dominique Belhachemi (remotely)
- Jeremy Voorhis (remotely)
Debian In The Cloud
- What does it mean to run in a cloud environment.
- In depth look at how Debian runs in major clouds (AWS, Azure, GCE... etc)
- Look into different build processes of different image types (maybe short presentations)
- Define an official Debian cloud image.
- Introspect the various image build tools and whittle the list down.
- Versioning 'Cloud Images' and critical hols patching policy (example: dirty CoW, heartblead, etc)
Ideally, come to consensus on many of the open ended issues that have been talked about at DebConf and on the debian-cloud list.
(tentative/final agenda here before/after the sprint)
(pointers to communication about the sprint)