- Configure X11 with 16 colour depth in /etc/X11/xorg.conf:
... Section "Screen" ... DefaultDepth 16 ...
- First mount disc 1
Create a temp directory like $HOME/.wine/drive_c/tmp
Copy the files ossupport.dll and ossupport.txt to this temp directory. you can find these files in the Setup directory of the game's cdrom
In the temp directory type wine /pathtocdrom/Setup/Setup.exe
- When the installer asks for the second cd, you must kill wine.
Mount the second cd and copy the files maps.pk3, textures0.pk3 and textures1234.pk3 from the Setup/base directory of the cd to the base directory in the SOF2 installation directory.
Start to play
- To play SOF 2 type wine sof2.exe for single player or wine sof2mp.exe for multiplay in the SOF 2 installation directory.
When game is starting in solo (new game or tutorial), screen freeze
- Random mission or Muliplayer work fine !
- In order to get some more violence, you must start SOF2 by typing wine sof2.exe +set lock_blood 0 After starting
Could not open string file
- Don't try execute Setup.exe direclty from CD-ROM
Could not load default.cfg
- If you get the error message "could not load default.cfg" then you should start SOF2 from within the installation directory, otherwise the game won't work.
Screen is frozen when game starting
Discussion starting on http://activision.custhelp.com