Select the system profile you want installed
- e.g. desktop/email
Download and prepare a Debian network installer for your hardware
e.g. AMD64 → netinst → mini.iso
- Install Debian with selected system profile:
- Connect the computer to Ethernet
- Boot your computer with the prepared installer
e.g. put in USB stick, turn power on, hold down F12, and select USB HDD
At the Debian installer menu, select Advanced options → Automated install (but do not press Enter yet)
- Press TAB, the grub boot prompt appears
Depending on which system profile you chose in the first step, add url=https://parl.debian.net/desktop/email/preseed.cfg at the end and hit Enter
(For testing or more recent versions of Debian installer:) When asked for a "preconfiguration", type in your selected system profile like this:
Subscribe to the user mailinglist to get help (and perhaps help out yourself).
- Consider subscribing twice - with both your institutional and some independent address.
You are done! Welcome to Debian and DebianParl
Consider adding yourself at the users page.