drop sbuild question, it's fine on that side
|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 10:||Line 10:|
| * [[http://email@example.com;tag=3.0-quilt-by-default|Bugs with usertag 3.0-quilt-by-default]]
* Despite the fears, it looks like even old sbuild versions do cope with new source package formats (otherwise [[https://buildd.debian.org/pkg.cgi?pkg=ftplib|ftplib could not have been built]] on buildd running an old sbuild like ia64).
|* [[http://firstname.lastname@example.org;tag=3.0-quilt-by-default|Bugs with usertag 3.0-quilt-by-default]] have to be fixed.|
|Line 15:||Line 14:|
|* Provide patches for the bugs listed above.||* Provide patches/propose NMUs for the bugs listed above.|
Support new deb formats
Have all packages in the archive buildable using the new source package formats. Specifically 3.0 (quilt) for now, maybe others in the future.
There's more detailed information in its project page
Bugs with usertag 3.0-quilt-by-default have to be fixed.
How to help
- Provide patches/propose NMUs for the bugs listed above.
- Convert (some of) your packages using the new formats.
- Or at least try to build your packages with the new format and fix failures.
- Do the same with your sponsorees packages.
- Once all bugs are fixed, switch dpkg-source to produce new formats by default.