GRUB 2 as default
Use GRUB 2 as default for new and existing installations.
- The release team are unsure as to why this needs to be a goal as it has a very small number of issues.
- grub dummy package in squeeze depends on grub-pc now.
- grub-installer lets in expert mode to choose between GRUB Legacy and GRUB 2.
Meta bug report (477094) for the issues to be resolved to switch to GRUB 2 by default in debian-installer.
- grub-installer 1.45 installs GRUB 2 by default now, except multipath and dmraid.
How to help
- Test GRUB 2 extensive.
- File bug reports about issues you notice.
Provide patches for missing things. Please note that you must be willing to submit patches directly to upstream.
- Make grub-installer use GRUB 2 also for dmraid and multipath. This needs support in GRUB 2 itself.