converted to 1.6 markup
|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 28:||Line 28:|
| * Debian logo [http://www.debian.org/logos/#open-use swirl] [[BR]] ~- (A new resigned logo can be proposed, but the Debian developer would be called for vote for it. But it it ))]]).
* Debian [http://www.debian.org/Pics/debian.png font] for the logo only (which can be ''redesigned'' in a free font).
| * Debian logo [[http://www.debian.org/logos/#open-use|swirl]] <<BR>> ~- (A new resigned logo can be proposed, but the Debian developer would be called for vote for it. But it it ))]]).
* Debian [[http://www.debian.org/Pics/debian.png|font]] for the logo only (which can be ''redesigned'' in a free font).
|Line 52:||Line 52:|
|* Debian Logo Contest ~-[[BR]]. [http://lists.debian.org/debian-announce/1999/msg00000.html]-~||* Debian Logo Contest ~-<<BR>>. [[http://lists.debian.org/debian-announce/1999/msg00000.html]]-~|
Debian Website(s) Redesign Contest
The Debian websites are in need of a redesign that is both modern and unified: all of the different websites (DDPO, the wiki, the main website, et al) are disjoint in both look & feel as well as ways to login. In an attempt to unify branding and simplify the user experience, we're running a redesign contest.
- Decide what is required from designers (mock-up? full CSS? artwork?)
- I think the result of the contest should definetly be a full HTML/CSS site with all the necessary artwork. If that is too much too ask (?), we could make a first round with only mock-ups and then require HTML/CSS only from the "finalists". People are of course free to build teams where one person does the mock-up and someone the actual CSS implementation. -- djpig
- Decide on voting method (Selectricity? NOT a GR.)
- Pretty much anyone should be able to vote, as long as the votes are unique -- Erinn
- Reward? Is recognition enough?
- Degrades correctly on non-css capable browser.
- No flash.
- Static pages
- Usable with a 640 pixel wide screen (or less).
- Looks nice in 16bpp mode (65536 colors).
Debian logo swirl
(A new resigned logo can be proposed, but the Debian developer would be called for vote for it. But it it ))]]).
Debian font for the logo only (which can be redesigned in a free font).
- Pink color (from logo, or lighter).
- The blue color is optional.
- Page main content is black on white.
- Font should be any font available in debian, but should fall back nicely on Windows and Mac.
- Page titles are text, not image. the only exception is Debian logo.
License / copyright / redistribution
- distributed with DFSG compatible ([sample list])
- redistributed online but please change the colors before redistribution.
Keyword brainstorming about Debian (no specific order):
Add your own list of keywords here (hidden in comment, so other aren't influenced)
Media to provide:
- A graphical image to compete for the pre-selection, www.debian.org only.
- An actual CSS implementation of the frontpage, a "short header" version and a wiki theme and for pre-selected competitors.
- The winner is selected for www.debian.org and wiki.debian.org. 2nd and 3rd position are available as alternative theme in the wiki.
Debian Logo Contest ~-