|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 10:||Line 10:|
|== python3.2 removal ==
* Transition to python3.3 as default complete
* Removal requested (DebianBug:720741).
|== python3.2 and python3.3 removal ==
* Transition to python3.4 as default complete
* Removal requested (DebianBug:720741) for python3.3.
|Line 20:||Line 20:|
|* Python 3.4 is the default and only Python 3 version in Jessie.|
|Line 22:||Line 23:|
|* Lots of new packages with Python 3 support added, including Zope packages.|
Roadmap for Python in Jessie
This page captures things we would like to do for Python in Jessie.
python-support has been deprecated, but it is still widely used
python3.2 and python3.3 removal
- Transition to python3.4 as default complete
Removal requested (720741) for python3.3.
- dh-python with pybuild is in Jessie
Python 3.4 support
- Python 3.4 is the default and only Python 3 version in Jessie.
More Python 3 support for packages
- Lots of new packages with Python 3 support added, including Zope packages.
unittests and DEP 8
non-distutils based helpers
Python 2.6 removal
CPython developers will cease providing security support to Python 2.6 in October 2013.
Python 2.6 is no longer a supported version for Jessie.
Removal requested (714116).
python-central has been deprecated
Removal requested (717091).