epic will be removed in the next upload
bar.sty is no longer included in texlive
|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 10:||Line 10:|
|* bbm fonts: No license statement. The corresponding macros ''do'' have a license, LPPL||* bbm fonts: No license statement. The corresponding macros ''do'' have a license, LPPL|
|Line 37:||Line 37:|
| * bar.sty: no license statement except "don't modify", latex2.09, authors no longer at their
. listed affiliation => should be removed
|Line 46:||Line 44:|
| * ae: Just a formal problem, the GPL is included, but nowhere is it
. explicitly stated that this license applies to the package. contacted upstream
Packages in teTeX or TeXlive with problematic licenses
This is a list of problematic files or CTAN packages in tetex-base and tetex-src, initially taken from tetex-base's copyright file (copyright.header in the source package). Some things are not up-to-date - the extsizes stuff is already resolved, e.g.
- euler: LPPL according changelog, but no indication in file.
- adrconv: No license at all for the documentation
- antp: PD according to catalogue, no statement in the files, no
- sources; contacted upstream
- cite: chapterbib.sty is missing a license statement in the header
bbm fonts: No license statement. The corresponding macros do have a license, LPPL
- Problematic files by Donald Arseneau:
- chapterbib.sty: no license information
- tabls.sty: no license information
- import.sty: "this software is free of any restrictions"
- relsize.sty: "public domain", nothing else
- version.sty: no license information, not only by D.A.
- selectp.sty: no license information
- braket.sty "This is free, unencumbered, unsupported software."
- conditionals.sty: No license information, not only by D.A.
- excludeonly.sty: No license information, not only by D.A.
- notoccite.sty: PD, but license statement could be clearer
- placeins.tex: No license information
- sansmath: PD, but could be clearer (what is PD?)
- tabto.tex: No license information
- titleref.sty: PD, spell out
- underscore.sty: No license information
- varwidth.sty: LPPL, but outdated "short version" included
- citesort.sty: no license statement
- extsizes: extsizes.sty, extarticle.cls and extreport.cls, and the
- size*.clo files have a correct LPPL notice, the others have none. The author seems to be active on Wikipedia, tried to contact him
- beamericon*: no license statement. beamerexample-seminar: just like
- seminar, which has not been investigated yet. Filed bug against beamer.
- one file in the psnfss directory with unclear license:
- a4wide.sty: no license statement, obsolete, uses a4.sty, should be removed
- jurabib: No license for the documentation,
Less serious problems
- listings: LPPL, plus:
This is more restrictive than LPPL 1.3 (6.a and 6.d.2). The title is advice...
- antt: gust font license, unclear which files % contacted upstream
- EC fonts: strange license wording, asked Karl Berry to contact Jörg Knappen, the author
- anysize: public domain, no details (by TE)
- aeguill: license of documentation unclear, sent mail to author
- changebar.drv: Outdated file, unclear license, but probably the same as the new one which uses it; remove because it is obsolete.