Revision 1 as of 2006-05-16 16:12:05
|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 31:||Line 31:|
Files only in TeXLive:
* braket.sty "This is free, unencumbered, unsupported software."
* conditionals.sty: No license information, not only by D.A.
Packages in teTeX or TeXlive with problematic licenses
This is a list of problematic files or CTAN packages in tetex-base and tetex-src, initially taken from tetex-base's copyright file (copyright.header in the source package). Some things are not up-to-date - the extsizes stuff is already resolved, e.g.
- euler: LPPL according changelog, but no indication in file.
- adrconv: No license at all for the documentation
- antp: PD according to catalogue, no statement in the files, no
- sources; contacted upstream
- bbm: no license statement at all, bug filed
- cite: chapterbib.sty is missing a license statement in the header
- Problematic files by Donald Arseneau:
- chapterbib.sty: no license information
- tabls.sty: no license information
- import.sty: "this software is free of any restrictions"
- relsize.sty: "public domain", nothing else
- shapepar.sty: noncommercial
- version.sty: no license information, not only by D.A.
- selectp.sty: no license information
- /source/latex/hyphenat/hyphenat.dtx: no license information
- braket.sty "This is free, unencumbered, unsupported software."
- conditionals.sty: No license information, not only by D.A.
- citesort.sty: no license statement
- index.doc: no license statement - probably unused
- dinbrief: lppl 1.1+, but with additional restrictions which are non-free
- eepic: The style files are public domain, but all the documentation
- has no license at all.
- extsizes: extsizes.sty, extarticle.cls and extreport.cls, and the
- size*.clo files have a correct LPPL notice, the others have none. The author seems to be active on Wikipedia, tried to contact him
- beamericon*: no license statement. beamerexample-seminar: just like
- seminar, which has not been investigated yet. Filed bug against beamer.
- one file in the psnfss directory with unclear license:
Less serious problems
- listings: LPPL, plus:
This is more restrictive than LPPL 1.3 (6.a and 6.d.2). The title is advice...
- ae: Just a formal problem, the GPL is included, but nowhere is it
- explicitly stated that this license applies to the package. contacted upstream
- antt: gust font license, unclear which files % contacted upstream