LyX is collaboratively maintained on salsa.debian.org. It's currently maintained with the git-buildpackage toolchain in conjunction with pristine-tar and tarball imports, thus still disconnected from the upstream git repository.
Git repository Browse
- Decide on elyxer future, either removal or general maintenance update like maintainer address required
Remove ttf-lyx transitional package. -> removed in git/master
- Requires bug filling for remaining reverse dependencies.
- Reassign all open bugs from ttf-lyx to fonts-lyx.
forward spelling patches to upstream and produce more of them - started with http://www.lyx.org/trac/ticket/10678 - closed, should be better with 2.3.x on-wards
- Send patches upstream. We should aim at having a minimal packaging, as much as possible should be sent upstream. Only Debian-specific and "packaging-specific" stuff should be kept.
- Since at least 2.1.0 there is a build dependency on bc to compare Qt versions, see also:
Lintian warning: "I: lyx: spelling-error-in-binary usr/bin/lyx collapsable collapsible" - got forwarded by SvenHoexter some time ago to upstream, but was declined by a general disagreement about the correct spelling depending on country you're in.