LyX is collaboratively maintained in the pkg-lyx Alioth project. lyx is up for adoption, see #634757 (lyx). It's currently maintained with the git-buildpackage toolchain in conjunction with pristine-tar and tarball imports, thus still disconnected from the upstream git repository.
Git repository Browse
Bugs, with bts-link usertags (see bts-link)
- Remove ttf-lyx transitional package.
- Requires bug filling for remaining reverse dependencies.
- Reassign all open bugs from ttf-lyx to fonts-lyx.
- forward spelling patches to upstream and produce more of them
- Send patches upstream. We should aim at having a minimal packaging, as much as possible should be sent upstream. Only Debian-specific and "packaging-specific" stuff should be kept.
prefer-xdg-open - Will be Debian specific until all other issue with xdg-open are solved. Discussion on lyx-devel. sensible-editor has problems too, see #7448.
- Since at least 2.1.0 there is a build dependency on bc to compare Qt versions, see also:
Lintian warning: "I: lyx: spelling-error-in-binary usr/bin/lyx collapsable collapsible" - got forwarded by SvenHoexter some time ago to upstream, but was declined by a general disagreement about the correct spelling depending on country you're in.