bash_completion fixed, thoug bogus exec permissions set by lib/Makefile.am
|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
|LyX is collaboratively maintained in the pkg-lyx Alioth project.||LyX is collaboratively maintained in the pkg-lyx Alioth project. It is currently maintained by PerOlofsson and SvenHoexter.|
|Line 3:||Line 3:|
| * SvenHoexter is currently working on the package.
* PerOlofsson is sponsoring uploads.
| * Git repository [[http://git.debian.org/?p=pkg-lyx/lyx.git|Browse]]
* (Old) Subversion repository at Alioth. [[http://svn.debian.org/viewsvn/pkg-lyx|Browse]]
* [[http://packages.qa.debian.org/lyx|Package Overview]]
* [[DebianBug:src:lyx|Bugs]], [[http://firstname.lastname@example.org|with bts-link usertags]] (see [[Glossary#bts-link|bts-link]])
* [[http://lists.alioth.debian.org/mailman/listinfo/pkg-lyx-devel|pkg-lyx-devel mailing list]] [[http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/pkg-lyx-devel/|Archives]]
|Line 7:||Line 10:|
The aim: Get Lyx 1.4.2 into Debian/sid
* Additional package dvipost [done]
* Frontends: qt and xforms
* Use a Subversion repository at Alioth
* Fix bugs
=== dvipost ===
* Edit the short description - do not start with "A" http://www.de.debian.org/doc/manuals/developers-reference/ch-best-pkging-practices.en.html#s-bpp-pkg-synopsis
* Rework the post* scripts to be only called when really necessary
* remove the commented out lines from rules
=== lyx ===
* look which changes to the packaging are required - Diff between 1.3.6 packaging and Georgs unoffical package is here: ftp://hxt.homelinux.org/debstuff/136-vs-142georg.diff
* sort out the bugreports -> ask for feedback for all others
* put the debian dir in subversion and find out how svn-buildpackage works
* Which version is the right one unless 1.4.2 is released - 1.3.6+1.4.2svn2006..., 1.4.1+1.4.2svn2006..., 1.4.2svn2006...
* Should we recommend rcs and dvipost or depend on them?
* Make it binNMU-safe.
* Break dependency loop?
* lyx-qt and lyx-xforms should only depend directly on the libraries they really use. See http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2005/11/msg00016.html
| * Send patches upstream. We should aim at having a minimal packaging, as much as possible should be sent upstream. Only Debian-specific and "packaging-specific" stuff should be kept.
* prefer-xdg-open - Will be Debian specific until all other issue with xdg-open are solved. [[http://email@example.com/msg133878.html|Discussion on lyx-devel.]]
* fix-manpage-errors - fix the errors in tex2lyx.1. [[http://www.lyx.org/trac/ticket/6051|#6051]]
* Consider fix for #597279. Only relevant for 1.6.x uploads, it's included in LyX 2.0.
* Monitor the [[http://wiki.debian.org/OldPkgRemovals#defoma | defoma removal]] because of ttf-lyx.
* Post-Squeeze: Finish the latex-xft-fonts -> ttf-lyx migration.
* Bug for bogus exec permissions [[http://www.lyx.org/trac/ticket/7276 | 7276]]
|Line 30:||Line 19:|
| * http://wiki.lyx.org/LyX/LyXOnDebian - Debian pkg Wiki site in the Lyx Wiki
* http://lists.alioth.debian.org/mailman/listinfo/pkg-lyx-devel - pkg-lyx mailing list
* http://pkg-lyx.alioth.debian.org/devel/ - pkg-lyx arch repo
| * [[http://wiki.lyx.org/LyX/LyXOnDebian|Debian page in the LyX wiki]]
* [[http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/gitweb/?p=lyx.git;a=summary|LyX packaging for Fedora]]
* [[http://sources.gentoo.org/viewcvs.py/gentoo-x86/app-office/lyx/|LyX packaging for Gentoo]]
* [[http://svn.mandriva.com/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi/packages/cooker/lyx/current/| LyX packaging for Mandriva]]
Git repository Browse
(Old) Subversion repository at Alioth. Browse
- Send patches upstream. We should aim at having a minimal packaging, as much as possible should be sent upstream. Only Debian-specific and "packaging-specific" stuff should be kept.
- Consider fix for #597279. Only relevant for 1.6.x uploads, it's included in LyX 2.0.
Monitor the defoma removal because of ttf-lyx.
Post-Squeeze: Finish the latex-xft-fonts -> ttf-lyx migration.
Bug for bogus exec permissions 7276