Revision 1 as of 2006-05-25 14:00:26
|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 11:||Line 11:|
| * Use a Subversion repository at Alioth
* Fix bugs
LyX is collaboratively maintained in the pkg-lyx Alioth project.
The aim: Get Lyx 1.4.2 into Debian/sid
- Additional package dvipost [done]
- Frontends: qt and xforms
- Use a Subversion repository at Alioth
- Fix bugs
Edit the short description - do not start with "A" http://www.de.debian.org/doc/manuals/developers-reference/ch-best-pkging-practices.en.html#s-bpp-pkg-synopsis
- Rework the post* scripts to be only called when really necessary
- remove the commented out lines from rules
look which changes to the packaging are required - Diff between 1.3.6 packaging and Georgs unoffical package is here: ftp://hxt.homelinux.org/debstuff/136-vs-142georg.diff
sort out the bugreports -> ask for feedback for all others
- put the debian dir in subversion and find out how svn-buildpackage works
- Which version is the right one unless 1.4.2 is released - 1.3.6+1.4.2svn2006..., 1.4.1+1.4.2svn2006..., 1.4.2svn2006...
- Should we recommend rcs and dvipost or depend on them?
- Make it binNMU-safe.
- Break dependency loop?
lyx-qt and lyx-xforms should only depend directly on the libraries they really use. See http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2005/11/msg00016.html
http://wiki.lyx.org/LyX/LyXOnDebian - Debian pkg Wiki site in the Lyx Wiki
http://lists.alioth.debian.org/mailman/listinfo/pkg-lyx-devel - pkg-lyx mailing list
http://pkg-lyx.alioth.debian.org/devel/ - pkg-lyx arch repo