Pepper Flash Player is a non-free (proprietary) software. It's also closed source and not supported by Debian. Have you considered using a free and open source alternative, which is community-owned and supported by Debian, such as Gnash, Lightspark, Shumway or SwfDec ? Read more about free and open source alternatives here.
Installing Pepper Flash Player
Debian 8 "Jessie"
aptitude install pepperflashplugin-nonfree browser-plugin-freshplayer-pepperflash
Debian 7 "Wheezy"
32 bits / i386
Any volunteer to write this section?
64 bits / amd64
If not already done you must add backports to your sources.list. To do so follow those instructions. Make sure that "contrib" section is included.
- Using Terminal as Root run the following command to install Pepper Flash Player from Wheezy Backports
aptitude -t wheezy-backports install pepperflashplugin-nonfree
- Still using Terminal run the following command to update Pepper Flash Player
- Close all your browser windows. Then open your browser. Flash should work.
- This step is optional. Still using Terminal run the following command to know what version of Pepper Flash Player you have installed.
This step is also optional. To use the pepperflashplugin-nonfree with iceweasel, you need to install the package browser-plugin-freshplayer-pepperflash. Further instructions here.
apt install browser-plugin-freshplayer-pepperflash
- If Flash is still not working here are a few things you could try
- Ensure that all your Chromium or Chrome browser windows are closed. It's important to close all browser windows otherwise Flash will not work. Then open your browser to test Flash.
- If still not working try to reboot your computer. Sometime Chromium or Chrome windows seems all closed but one might still be open in the background, on another desktop, or frozen in memory.
- If still not working try to temporally deactivate all your Chrome or Chromium plugins and extensions. Then test flash.
The Pepper Flash Player works in both Chrome and Chromium only. It does not directly work with Iceweasel or Firefox. For Flash to work with Iceweasel or Firefox you have to install another package. Read more here. Currently both packages can coexist. You can also try to install the new browser-plugin-freshplayer-pepperflash package that is a wrapper to allow Iceweasel or Firefox to use the Pepper Flash Player.