|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 55:||Line 55:|
|* make apt not forget its brain when there are hash mismatches|
Paul Wise <firstname.lastname@example.org>
pabs on irc.debian.org, pabs3 on irc.freenode.net.
For more information about my involvement in Debian, please see my portfolio page. Below is some more information that is not available from my portfolio page.
- Bugs (old/other addresses)
I use the following packages from Debian contrib/non-free (and their deps):
- Hardware enablement: intel-microcode firmware-iwlwifi
- GFDL GNU documentation: gcc-doc gdb-doc make-doc tar-doc
- better communication on Debian fora
- general, per-distribution mechanism to list releases and their URLs/order/support/etc. This should replace all the hardcoding of release names in various places.
- get rid of the concept of default desktops
- more integration of Debian blends
- support for touchscreen-only and mobile devices
- OEM mode
- versioned Provides
- Supersedes to get rid of transition packages
- allow packages to register files as belonging to them
- a mode where packages can be generically-configured but not configured for specific machines (useful for OEM/Live images, OpenSSH keys for eg are machine-specific and should not be in OEM/Live images).
- integration with debdelta
- a better format for sources.list
- sync dpkg and aptitude holds
- a way to keep build-deps installed without metapackages for each source package
- make apt not forget its brain when there are hash mismatches
- remove Debian-specific stuff
port aptitude/synaptic/etc to PackageKit
- split branding into separate packages
- add more to UDD
- base more services on UDD
- infra for a "QA cloud" based on donating CPU time
- source package search based on LXR/OpenGrok/etc
automated detection of embedded code copies (CloneWise)
- revive DDPO-by-mail
- survey use of QA infra by Debian contributors
- fix upstream check situation
- unified dynamic infrastructure instead of daily-built and split up into multiple interfaces
- merge bts-link into debbugs
- use distromatch to link to patches, bugs etc from other distributions
- reduce the impact of the freeze on development
- mail people when their packages do not migrate instead of when they do
- oldstable security support until stable+1 release
revive package promotion/reviews and promote them from packages.d.o (543343)
Please consider my contributions to this wiki as public domain.
Comments, flames, etc
Stuff to consider packaging
Cool software/stuff that I saw on blogs/elsewhere and thought should be in Debian or Debian Unsupported at some point. Note that it isn't necessarily stuff I would use, just that the people who might would appreciate it a lot. This was festering in my ~/TODO so I decided it needed airing out. I've moved the list of links into an interesting software subpage.