|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 54:||Line 54:|
| * aptitude:
* sync dpkg and aptitude holds
Paul Wise <firstname.lastname@example.org>
pabs on irc.debian.org, pabs3 on irc.freenode.net.
For more information about my involvement in Debian, please see my portfolio page. Below is some more information that is not available from my portfolio page.
- Bugs (old/other addresses)
I use the following packages from Debian contrib/non-free (and their deps):
- Hardware enablement: intel-microcode firmware-iwlwifi
- GFDL GNU documentation: gcc-doc gdb-doc make-doc tar-doc
- better communication on Debian fora
- get rid of the concept of default desktops
- more integration of Debian blends
- support for touchscreen-only and mobile devices
- versioned Provides
- Supersedes to get rid of transition packages
- allow packages to register files as belonging to them
- a mode where packages can be generically-configured but not configured for specific machines (useful for OEM images, OpenSSH keys for eg are machine-specific and should not be in OEM images).
- integration with debdelta
- a better format for sources.list
- get rid of DMUA
- sync dpkg and aptitude holds
Please consider my contributions to this wiki as public domain.
Comments, flames, etc
Stuff to consider packaging
Cool software/stuff that I saw on blogs/elsewhere and thought should be in Debian or Debian Unsupported at some point. Note that it isn't necessarily stuff I would use, just that the people who might would appreciate it a lot. This was festering in my ~/TODO so I decided it needed airing out. I've moved the list of links into an interesting software subpage.