This page contains a collection of Debian package description fragments, to be reused. There are multiple purposes:
- Reduce the work of the internationalization team
- Provide some snippets that can be easily used by non-native English speakers
- Increase consistency in package description.
Beta quality / still in development
Various excuses, to mention that the package is still beta
- Notice that upstream still flags these tools as experimental software and says that there is still a number of known bugs and issues. The software is, however, in productive use at a number of sites and is working reliably.
Although foo is now in a working state it is still under heavy development and should be considered experimental.
- While this is still a development version, it offers all the basic [program type] features.
- Foo is still under initial development and should be considered beta software.
- Still early stage of development
- Foo is still in a very early experimental state,
- ... It is eventually intended to replace ... since it is more ... However, it is in the early stages of development and NOT yet ready for prime time.
- Though it's at an early version, it's already quite usable.
- Foo is currently early in development, and should be treated as such.
- Its development is in early stages.
- This is a very early version of the tools and they are known to have a lot of rough edges.
- Though it seems to work quite well, it's still got some sort of beta status.
- The program is functional but still very young, and only [this] is implemented
WARNING: the integration of foo into bar is still in an experimental stage. For production use, please use baz.
foo is still in pre-release; your assistance in improving its accuracy and performance is appreciated.
- It is still in development.
- Although the program is still in the state of a prototype, it already ...
- It aims to be fully generic and pluggable, but is still under development. However, several aspects are already possible to customize.
- It is still very experimental, especially ...
- Foo is still incomplete. You should be able to [do something], though.
- It's still under heavy development so it should not be used for critical data.
- This package is work in progress. Although being in productive use, it is still missing some features, especially regarding source routing, metrics etc. Please feel free to provide patches.
- This is still a bit experimental and should not be used outside [the official KDE modules] yet.
- It is definitely a work in progress, and a lot of things are still missing.
- foo already [does something], but should still be considered beta quality.
some excuses specific to libraries
- Right now it is only distributed as a static lib, since it is still under development.
- WARNING: These libs' API are still in ALPHA stage; the interface is still subject from time to time to incompatible changes.
Deprecated / Obsolete
- This [module|package] is deprecated and only provided for older applications which still need it for backwards compatibility. - This package contains header files that are intended for build compatibility for applications that build with [old lib]] but still use deprecated includes. It is meant as an intermediate solution and these header files are not part of the official Qt3 API. All sourcecode that is still using the headers of this package is subject to be changed to use the new header files which are in libqt3-headers.