Fixed the main program page link
|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 8:||Line 8:|
|Debian is participating in the [[https://www.outreachy.org|15th Round]] of [[https://www.outreachy.org|Outreachy]].||Debian is participating in the [[https://www.outreachy.org|15th Round]] of [[https://www.outreachy.org|Outreachy]]. We are looking for '''two interns''' and more can potentially be supported from central funds.|
Debian is dedicated to increasing the diversity of contributors to the project. We strongly believe this is a win-win situation for people coming from backgrounds currently underrepresented in free software (who open up new opportunities for themselves through community networking) and the wider free software movement, which benefits from a range of skills, experiences, and viewpoints. Statistics show that although we have increased the diversity of participants, we still have plenty of room to grow. With this initiative we hope more people will see opportunities to become involved in the Debian project.
Thanks to the efforts of the program organizers, Outreachy has now been expanded to other underrepresented groups in the Free Software community, which is perfectly in line with Debian's Diversity Statement.
Eligible participants must meet all the following requirements:
- (i) you are a resident or national of any country or region other than Crimea, Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Syria, or Sudan and identify as a woman (cis or trans), trans man, or genderqueer person (including genderfluid or genderfree) or (ii) you are a resident or national of the United States of any gender who is Black/African American, Hispanic/Latin@, American Indian, Alaska Native, Native Hawaiian, or Pacific Islander
- you are or will be 18 years of age or older by December 1st, 2017
- you have not previously participated in an Outreachy, Outreach Program for Women, or Google Summer of Code internship
- you are available for a full-time, 40 hours a week internship, and you will not be in school full-time and will not have another full-time job for at least seven weeks between December 1st, 2017 and March 31st, 2018; being enrolled in school during a semester when you are taking more than half of the typical number of credits a full-time student takes or having an exams session is considered to be a full-time school commitment; Outreachy can be done to satisfy a project requirement and receive credits for it, in which case all other credits received during the semester should be no more than half of the typical number of credits a full-time student takes
- you are eligible to work in the country or countries in which you will reside throughout the duration of the program
- you are not a person or entity restricted by US export controls or sanctions programs
- September 3 - Mentor and project application period opens
- September 7 - application period opens
- September 17 - Mentor and project application period closes
- October 23 - contributions and applications are due
- November 9 - interns announced
- December 5, 2017 to March 5, 2018 - internship period
What to do & Projects
Choose a Project
- Make a small contribution.
- Once you have chosen your project, contact its corresponding mentor and ask him/her what small contribution related to the project you could do.
Submit your application on the Outreachy website: https://outreachy.org
Make sure you notify us that you have done so : email <outreach AT debian DOT org> and the mentors for your project with a link to your application
Please, read more about this program here: https://outreachy.org.
How to communicate with us
Debian is a huge project, so we have created a welcoming atmosphere:
IRC: #debian-outreach in the OFTC network (irc.debian.org)
Coordinators of the program:
see the Outreach team page on the wiki
direct email contact: <outreach AT debian DOT org>