This page is about New In Jessie.
Work in progress.
some source packages new in jessie which might be usable to mention here:
- cinnamon, mate-desktop
- cross-binutils - eases cross-compiling programs
- debian-games - one now can easily install all Debian's finest games by just installing the
- games-finest metapackage
- debian-multimedia - Now easier to install tools for dealing with audio, midi, graphics, video,
- using the tasksel interface.
- https-everywhere, Firefox/Iceweasel extension to force the use of HTTPS on many sites
- owncloud - gives you universal access to your files through a web interface
- needrestart - reports on services that need to be restarted after installing (security) updates and offers to restart them for you
- More packages built with compiler hardening flags, and extra hardening flag stack-protector-strong enabled.
- SSLv3 protocol has been disabled on the library level in jessie, effectively removing support for this legacy protocol.