|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 18:||Line 18:|
|1. Upload ecj for multiarch. (Must also be uploaded before gcc-4.4/gcj-4.4 because of a similar self-build-depends on those archs that use ecj1.)|
Bootstrapping the archive for multiarch
This page documents the order in which certain steps need to happen when converting the Debian archive over to multiarch. The information is based on the experience with bootstrapping multiarch in Ubuntu natty.
Upload dpkg support for DEB_HOST_MULTIARCH (dpkg 1.16.0)
- Upload multiarch-aware versions of build tools:
- Upload a "stage1" multiarch build of gcc-4.5, the default compiler *on i386* (not needed on other archs, where dpkg 1.16.0 does not change the multiarch path; so no additional upload is needed of other versions of gcc that are the default on other architectures)
- Upload multiarch-enabled eglibc.
- Upload gnat-4.4 for full multiarch. (Must be uploaded before uploading gcc-4.4 because gnat-4.4 self-build-depends, and needs the symlinks from gcc-4.4-base to be functional)
- Upload ecj for multiarch. (Must also be uploaded before gcc-4.4/gcj-4.4 because of a similar self-build-depends on those archs that use ecj1.)
- Rebuild asis with the new gnat-4.4
- Upload gcc-4.5, gcc-4.6 and gcc-4.4 for full multiarch.
- Upload gcj-4.5, gcj-4.4, and any other gcc frontends that don't self-build-depend, for full multiarch.
Upload everything else