|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 22:||Line 22:|
|Line 84:||Line 84:|
|Line 86:||Line 87:|
|== Annoyances ==|
|Line 87:||Line 89:|
|See also:||The following annoyances have been introduced into recent versions of Mozilla and Iceape Navigator and Composer:
* Composer prompts user to save initial blank page, even though no edit was made
* Composer embeds full pathnames, rather than relative web compatible pathnames into documents
* Navigator sidebar keeps appearing, when browsing the world wide web
* Navigator home button is not available from the navigation bar
== See also ==
For a better Mozilla Suite-Debian integration go to Edit Preferences Advanced / System preferences and mark Use Preferences from System (see ["MIME"]).
The place where Mozilla is installed is
/usr/lib/mozilla/mozilla-bin/ and /usr/bin/mozilla
The user's profile is installed in
(i.e. /home/user/.mozilla/profile_name; where profile_name is the mozilla user's profile name).
The Mozilla start page (for both Mozilla Web-Browser and Mozilla Firefox ) is in
The mozilla plug-in directory is generally
If installing plugins without ["root"] permissions, use
(i.e. /home/user/.mozilla/plugins )
instead of the plugins subdirectory where Mozilla is installed. You may have to create this directory first.
Mozilla Firefox also uses the same plugins folder.
For a plug-in, you have to install a .so and .xpt file.
You can change the plug-ins to use the system default, going to Edit Preferences Advanced / Plug-in and script and editing it to indicate the folder where the program is.
Type about:plugins in the mozilla address bar to see the plug-ins installed.
You can see :
See how to install Adobe Acrobat in your system.
After installation, copy nppdf.so to your Mozilla plugins directory and ensure a copy of acroread is in your ["path"].
On Linux, Mozilla requires ["JRE"] 1.4.2 or later ( plug-in application/x-java-vm). Remember that the ["SDK"] contains the ["JRE"] so you don't need to download both.
Enable Java in Mozilla
The easiest way is to install ?BlackDownJava that includes Java plug-in for mozilla.
[http://www.java.com/en/download/help/testvm.jsp Test if the Java plugin is working].
See also :
http://www.mozilla.org/products/mozilla1.x/sysreq.html Requirements to install the last version.
?"MPlayer" has, among others, support for Ogg Vorbis. There is also a browser plugin for Mozilla and Firefox available at http://mplayerplug-in.sourceforge.net/. But you don't really need a Mozilla plug-in, if you use the system default player.
The following annoyances have been introduced into recent versions of Mozilla and Iceape Navigator and Composer:
- Composer prompts user to save initial blank page, even though no edit was made
- Composer embeds full pathnames, rather than relative web compatible pathnames into documents
- Navigator sidebar keeps appearing, when browsing the world wide web
- Navigator home button is not available from the navigation bar