The proposal is to motivate developers to work harder toward releases.
A some ways to motivate developers:
- The developer of the month (interview with a developer each month or week)
- The most fixer developer (each month, objectively, we elect the develop who fixes more bugs)
- The most "new-features" developer (the same as previous for resolve feature request)
- The most active developer in irc ("the most helper dev"?)
- And what's about the most documentation-er developer?
- A price for a developer of the year of this three categories. The prices: money, debian CD/DVD kit, a laptop, ....