Procedure to review packaging for mentors
Get the package
- Usually sponsorship-requests (RFS) email tells how to get the package:
dget -x https://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/x/yyy/yyy_zzz-1.dsc
- Above command should download and then extract the source tarball, but if you don't have the key signing the package within your keyring, you have to extract it by yourself:
dpkg-source -x yyy_zzz-1.dsc
Check the license
- There're a few automatic tools. Just apt install to get them.
- debmake. It compares source tree and debian/copyright, then give you a report.
- decopy. It generate a copyright file for reference.
decopy -o debian/copyright.tmp
- cme. It generate/overwrite debian/copyright.
cp debian/copyright debian/copyright.orig cme update dpkg-copyright -trace
Build the package
- You need to install build-dependencies first. Here's a way to remove easily afterwards.
mk-build-deps sudo dpkg -i <yyy_build-deps_zzz-1.deb> sudo apt install -f
- debuild or dpkg-buildpackage
debuild -us -uc dpkg-buildpackage -us -uc
Auto Check Tools
- lintian (Note: Just verbose the output, but not all of them is must-fix)
lintian -I --pedemic