Benefits available to Debian members and contributors are listed below.
To offer benefits to Debian contributors, register an account and add your organisation below in alphabetical order.
Your organisation may also be interested in helping Debian using your resources. If so, you can donate to us, form ongoing partnerships with us, sponsor our conferences, provide gratis products or services to Debian contributors, provide gratis hosting for Debian service experiments, run mirrors of our software, installation media or conference videos or promote our software and community by providing a testimonial or selling Debian merchandise, installation media, pre-installed systems, consulting or hosting. If any of your staff are interested to help Debian, there are many technical and non-technical ways to help out.
NOTE: some services and discounts listed below are meant to be used only for Debian-related work (e.g. debian.net subdomains).
Looking for hardware to run some Debian-related service? See ServicesHosting
Most standard benefits of Debian membership are documented in the welcome mail sent to new and returning members. In addition members can create debian.net subdomains and vote in Debian Project Leader elections and General Resolutions.
DDs, DMs and other contributors may obtain certification of their membership/contributions.
DDs, DMs and contributors may ask for Debian to pay for meetings, hardware and other expenses needed for Debian related tasks.
Software Freedom Conservancy offers to hold copyright on works produced by the Debian community and or to enforce the licenses on free software works in accordance with their community-oriented principles. It also offers the same services to other segments of the Free Software community. Conservancy signs contracts with individual contributors.
Debian contributors should contact email@example.com to discuss these services.
- Digital Ocean
Debian contributors should contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- GPLHost VPS
GPLHost provides virtual servers running Xen. Provided that your need is to host something related to free software (it doesn't have to be Debian related though), GPLHost can host your project for free. This will be of the form of a free VPS with 512 to 2048 MB of RAM, and 25 to 100 GB of HDD. Everything is currently hosted on a single server in Paris, connected with 1Gbits/s link. The service is self managed (you can reinstall Debian by yourself using the control panel), though zigo will be happy to provide support on IRC.
DDs should send emails to email@example.com (main owner of GPLHost) to get the discount and directions on how to obtain the virtual machine. Mails should be sent using OpenPGP signatures, to prove that you're really a DD (or a DM).
DDs and DMs must send an OpenPGP-signed email to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating your status (Debian Developer or Debian Maintainer) and your Gandi account's username or handle (personal accounts only; no company or reseller accounts). To expedite provisioning, set your account's billing currency before sending the email. Once verified, Gandi will apply discounted grid (level 'E') to the account.
Fosshost provides virtual servers, web hosting, storage, mirrors and associated hosting services including dedicated hardware to the open source community.
DDs and DMs must apply stating that they are from the Debian Project and have seen this page. All applications are processed typically within 24-48 hours. Fosshost has a presence in the UK, EU and US and provides high quality services, with full support offered via Libera.Chat IRC and email (admin (at) fosshost.org). Please use your @debian.org address when emailing or applying in the notes. Any applications from DDs or DMs are automatically pre-approved. All services are free of charge.
LeaseWeb provides dedicated servers, bare metal servers, private clouds, virtual servers and content delivery networks. LeaseWeb offers discounts to Debian Developers.
- After confirmation of identity by replying to emails sent to their @debian.org address, DDs are entitled to discounts. The specific amount of discount is dependent on the service requested and the availability of resources (eg, number of dedicated servers available at the time of the request).
Lenovo offers discounts for many kinds of Lenovo equipment for all active Debian Developers.
- DDs should register in the portal corresponding to their geographic zone with their @debian.org mail address.
- In order to take advantage of these discounts, you must first visit a region supported, and appropriate URL (see below for full list), register an account using your @debian.org address, and select items while browsing through the region-supported URL. If you visit Lenovo's site through a different entry point, you will not have the discount applied. You will know that you are in the right place if at the very top of the window you see, 'Welcome Linux Community' and your URL query string will have '?groupId=linux'. It is not enough to have this query string in your URL, you must be logged into an account that is registered with @debian.org email address. You should see a discount applied when you add the item to your cart. Please note: this paragraph has not been confirmed to be accurate.
- These are currently available in the following regions, Lenovo is working to enable other geographical areas.
DDs and DMs can get a Debian affiliated cloak for the libera.chat IRC network.
LWN is a news and information source for the free software community.
DDs and DMs should send OpenPGP-signed emails to email@example.com indicating their LWN usernames. Thereafter, DDs and DMs should patiently wait while the provisioning process unfolds.
- Thank you to Microsoft who is footing the LWN bill since 2020, and HP who have done so in the past.
DDs should send OpenPGP-signed emails to firstname.lastname@example.org requesting keys.
- DDs should follow the instructions on the offer page.
This offer is currently on hold.
DDs and DMs should send OpenPGP-signed emails to email@example.com requesting keys. Steam and most games distributed by it are proprietary software.