MeetBot is an instance of Mootbot, run by HolgerLevsen (h01ger on IRC). It currently idles in #debian-edu, #debconf-team and #debian-boot on irc.debian.org and on #olpc-groups, #olpc-europe and #olpc-de on irc.freenode.net. If you want, I'm happy to send MeetBot in any other free software related channel.
MeetBot is written in tcl as a plugin for eggdrop and the source is available under the GPL. Thanks to the friendly people at #ubuntu-scribus for help with setting it up and releasing it under the GPL.
The source is available at http://meetbot.debian.net/meetbot/src/
Start a meeting by saying #startmeeting, this also makes you the chair of the meeting, who has more control of MeetBot. For example, you are the only one who can end the meeting with #endmeeting.
Commands for everyone
#link - allows anyone to put a link into the meeting notes
#idea - allows anyone to put an idea into the meeting notes
#info - allows anyone to put an idea into the meeting notes
Commands only available to chair
#topic - sets a new topic
#action - document a planned action in the meeting notes
#agreed - document an agreement in the meeting notes
After a meeting, the log and the notes can immediatly be found at http://meetbot.debian.net/meetbot/
Wishlist: Bugs and Features
- Debian package
- multiple chairs
- or simple allow everyone to #agree and #action - just keep #topic with the chair
- have a command, to make the meeting more restricted: #agree and #action only for chairs
- accept #agree as well
- post direct links to the logs and the notes on the channel when meeting ends
- add a visible link from the notes to the log
- make meetbot not give and take ops
- notes and logs editable
- store the topic in the channel, and restore it after the meeting ends.
Done: Bugs and Features
- wishlist: use # for all commands
- don't display vote command at the start of a meeting
- links are broken
- set /topic too
display timezone in logs & minutes
- The generated pages should include a link to this page.
- renamed minutes to meeting notes
- _either_ channelmsgs _or_ msgs
- dont say topic in channel too, just change /topic
- add #info
- dont msg the chair with meeting started, meeting ends
publish modifed source and eggdrop.conf - see http://meetbot.debian.net/meetbot/src/