- local group census
- spending ideas, e.g. pizza for groups
- designs for banners, flyers, stickers, etc.
- swag distribution
- pandemic ideas, e.g. streaming sessions
- any other business
Local group census
- activity ping
- check primary contact
- notify of events
- other survey questions?
ACTION: think about questions to ask groups
- possibilities include t shirts, stickers, designs, flyers, posters, keychains, etc.
- we want to plan ahead for when more local events can happen
- printing stickers centrally makes sense as printing small quantities is expensive
- encourage new designs?
- producing some items for individual local groups is too expensive, so it makes sense to do it more centrally
- use a number of hubs around the world?
- might need storage unit for storing stock
- Debian France uses En Vente Libre to handle distribution and storage
ACTION: investigate external (commercial?) options in other regions
- local groups could arrange local online BSP or hackathon, focused on one topic or language relevant to their area
- "Ask Me Anything" sessions in IRC or jitsi meet
- jitsi calls between members
- current Debian news in local languages
- 'package of the day' type things
- maybe an online session on trying to involve local people in this kind of thing? (translating news etc.) (sort of a BSP, except not for bugs)
ACTION: valhalla to investigate holding a session on getting more local people involved ACTION: Brazilians to think about a HOWTO event on doing local group activities online (and other topics to be determined)
- next meeting in two weeks
- we will try a jitsi call
ACTION: larjona will hold a poll to decide the exact meeting time
Any other business
ACTION: Laura will put some time this weekend on the blog post and publish next week, encouraging active groups to update their wiki entry, new groups to enter a new entry, and people in general to come here to the channel