Comment: some notes about possible future packaging projects
added ldforge and lic
|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 35:||Line 35:|
| * ldraw-parts ([[DebianBug:714999|WNPP]])
* brickutils ([[DebianBug:715053|WNPP]])
* ldglite ([[DebianBug:715053|WNPP]])
* ldview ([[DebianBug:715280|WNPP]])
|Line 38:||Line 42:|
|* LDraw parts library (CC-BY 2.0)|
|Line 42:||Line 45:|
| * LDView (GPL2, http://sourceforge.net/projects/ldview/)
* works natively for linux and compiles fine
* segfaults often
|Line 47:||Line 47:|
| * violates the bricklink terms of service?
* LDForge (GPL3+, https://github.com/slatenails/ldforge)
* CAD modeller
* very young
* Lic (GPL3+, http://bugeyedmonkeys.com/lic_info/)
* instruction creator like LPub4 but more automatic
* less customizable than LPub4 but easier to use
Debian support for Lego designers
Interacting with the team
Public IRC channel: #debian-lego on irc.debian.org (OFTC)
Make Debian include software for controlling the Lego Mindstorm controllers and CAD software to design Lego models.
Related source packages
Debtags can be used to locate Lego related packages. We tag them using the hardware::hobby:lego tag. They can be found using the debtags search.
See also usage graph.
Other possible future packaging projects
LPub4 (GPL2, http://sourceforge.net/projects/lpub4/)
the mac port of lpub4 is qt based and compiles fine after regenerating the Makefile with qmake -spec /usr/share/qt4/mkspecs/linux-g++ CONFIG+=release -o Makefile lpub.pro
- there are probems with the scaling of models
Brickstore (GPL2, http://www.brickforge.de/software/brickstore/index.en.html)
- porting from qt3 to qt4 doesnt seem trivial
- violates the bricklink terms of service?
LDForge (GPL3+, https://github.com/slatenails/ldforge)
- CAD modeller
- very young
Lic (GPL3+, http://bugeyedmonkeys.com/lic_info/)
- instruction creator like LPub4 but more automatic
- less customizable than LPub4 but easier to use
Put here an easy task that can be done to help you.
Put here a task that can be done to help you.
Put here a difficult task that can be done to help you.
If you have no other dedicated place to document stuff concerning your team, then use this place. You can put documentation (with warnings and infos), FAQ, TODO list (see "Get Involved" above) , ideas () etc.
You can use ?Subpages to structure the content if you have many things to document here.