Revision 1 as of 2005-03-23 20:43:48
ugly link (hopefully) fixed
|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 9:||Line 9:|
|* Keep this [wiki:Self:["DebianKDE"] FAQ] up-to-date :)||* Keep this [wiki:Self:DebianKDE FAQ] up-to-date :)|
I want to help, what can I do?
If you see a bug and it is not packaging related (i.e. you know it's a programming error), file a bug at the KDE bts website (http://bugs.kde.org) instead of/as well as the Debian BTS, unless it is release critical. If you do file bugs with both systems, please note in each bug the ID of the bug in the other system.
Write better descriptions for the packages. Email such descriptions to the package maintainer or to email@example.com. Or commit them to KDE CVS if you have write access.
- Write man pages for programs without them. You may also want to translate existing manpages.
Keep this [wiki:DebianKDE FAQ] up-to-date
- Run lintian and linda on the packages and fix all the errors and warnings.
[http://www.gnupg.org/aegypten/development.en.html Package] libksba, newpg, pinentry and other packages needed for kmail PGP/MIME support.
If you are interested/involved in the development side of Qt/KDE for Debian, join the [http://lists.debian.org/debian-qt-kde debian-qt-kde mailing list]
Updating the DebianKDE wiki page:
If you'd like your name, not your IP address, to be listed in the changes list at the bottom of the edit page, and on the RecentChanges page, when in the edit mode for this page, do this:
1) You'll need to have a user page, with your user name. So, create one if you don't yet have one. See ?KwikiUserName .
- 2) Turn on cookies in your web browser.
- 3) Click the "Preferences" link at the top of the page.
- 4) Enter your user name, and click the save button.
- 5) A cookie will be created in your browser which contains your user name.
- 6) Edit the ["DebianKDE"] page. When you save your changes, your name, not IP, will be associated with your changes, and also listed as the changer.