This is a list of things I intend to do for Debian and the Debian Perl Project. This page will be used to keep track of various ongoing tasks I am undertaking.
As they say, "build one to throw away." After having worked extensively on libdebctrl last year for Google Summer of Code, I'm ready to tackle the problem again in a different language, hopefully having learned from my first implementation. It got really complex because I was trying to implement objects while sticking to Pure C, which wasn't as horrible as I thought it might be, but also wasn't great. It also didn't properly support Unicode and other great stuff.
So, this summer, I'm working on rewriting libdebctrl in C using GLib and GObject to provide OOP support. It will use Vala as a source language (which is later compiled into C for use).
Perl Packaging Work
- Dancer (libdancer-perl, already in repository)
- Mojolicious (libmojolicious-perl, several issues including spelling errors + missing manpages for scripts)
- Date::Calc::XS (libdate-calc-xs-perl, finish packaging work and upload)
Anything else assigned to me via my Debian bug page
Package Description Cleanups
These are regularly mentioned by Rhonda and mentioned on IRC, we will drop them here for now so they won't get forgotten:
- libdpkg-log-perl - the formating of the list is not proper. The bullet character line should already be indented by two spaces instead of one, and the continuation lines should thus also receive an additional space.
- libwww-youtube-download-perl - long description isn't long, and actually wrong, it's no video about downloading.
- libexception-handler-perl - typo: reportx should be reports. And the synopsis is just a mentioning of the module name?