Jonas Smedegaard is a freelance systems administrator and developer working with resource sharing within and between organisations, mostly schools and NGOs, trying to design systems that are both intuitive to use, strictly based on open standards and purely built from Free Software.
Involvement in Debian
Jonas has been an official Debian developer since 2001, and is involved in multiple packaging teams, including...
- ghostscript - postscript interpreter and key part of many Free Software printing systems
MoinMoin - the wiki engine used at e.g. http://wiki.debian.org/
Sugar - the X11 desktop initially developed for OLPC XO's a.k.a. "$100 laptops"
- cdbs - framework for building Debian DPKG packages
- Debian Pure Blends - infrastructure for 100% Debian-internal "subdistributions"
- Skolelinux a.k.a. Debian-Edu - simplified Debian installations for school networks
See also the full package list, personal homepage and various web-based visualizations of his FOAF file.
Use of Debian
Inspired by Giulio Paci, here are some hilights of Debian packages in use...
Used on personal hosts:
- mc awesome rxvt-unicode-lite aptitude mutt t-prot notmuch-mutt offlineimap gnupg git pidgin unbound
- mplayer htop cdbs cowbuilder deluge clive ncmpcpp xul-ext-firebug ruby-compass
- morituri atomicparsley picard basilisk2 melt monkeysphere pandoc signing-party sm tshark
Used on administered hosts - i.e. (not so much by self as) by networks of friends and clients:
- netatalk backupninja dovecot postfix etckeeper calendarserver asterisk mpd mpd-sima planet-venus shorewall spamassassin
- scribus libdancer-perl electricsheep gimp ikiwiki inkscape pyroom python-moinmoin
- sucrose-0.88 gobby