On Debian systems up to and including Stretch (Debian 9), Node.js modules are located in:
For Debian Buster (to become Debian 10), Node.js modules are now located in:
For more information about packaging a node module for Debian (and the reasons for the change of location for nodejs modules) please take a look at these pages:
npm2deb: an automatic tool to easily and quickly deploy debian packages starting from npm information
manual: an overview about best practice and policies in packaging nodejs modules in debian systems
For more information, please take a look at Tasks page.
Using build tools like grunt
- grunt package has a patch to load global modules, see node-fuzzaldrin-plus for an example. TODO: make it load global modules by default without patching Gruntfile.js
- gulp package has a patch to load global modules by default.
- babeljs command is provided by node-babel-cli. See node-d3-color for an example of using babel.
- webpack package needs using a webpack.config.js to resolve global modules, see gitlab and node-d3-zoom for config files
- browserify and rollup can be replaced by webpack