Some Dependency for my package is not in Debian
Are you sure it isn't? Torsten Werner has a script to create a list of all JAR files in all Debian packages with all classes. The file is available at:
Now if the JAR file indeed doesn't seem to be packaged yet there are different options:
- Check, whether somebody already filled an ITP or RFP bug for this package.
- Best Solution, if you've time: Fill ITPs for the packages providing this jars and package them.
- Sometimes there are alternative implementations for specific APIs that can be used instead. But handle with care! Java may not be as compatible as it wants to be.
- Maybe the missing JAR is not essential for your package and you can just disable some functionality and build your package without the JAR file.
- Go, cry and beat every Java Developer you can find!