Java Packaging Wishlist
Many Java apps are still missing in Debian package form. Please add the apps you'd like to see packaged below. If possible please add information about missing dependencies too.
If possible please note the library or application name, the upstream URL, ITP and current packaging (as appropriate). Please try to keep this list in alphabetical order as well.
ArgoUML - UML modeling tool (used to be in Debian)
BlueJ Java Modeling Environment, default tool for many schools
GeoNext - dynamic geometrics (cited by German Math books), RFP pending
JCrypTool JCrypTool (JCT) is an open-source e-learning platform, allowing to experiment comprehensively with cryptography on MAC OS, Windows and Linux.
JFractionLab Math: Fractions Trainer
Jitsi Videobridge - multi-user video conferencing using WebRTC.
JPrologEditor - Frontend for swi-prolog (License?)
JSynthLib Midi Librian for Synthesizers (GPL)
JWhoisServer Whois Server
I (?AdrianVonBidder) talked to upstream and offered to upload, packages are in quite good shape, haven't heard back in some time & don't have much time/motivation right now.
keystore-explorer - GUI replacement for the Java command-line utilities keytool, jarsigner and jadtool
OpenNMS - Network management platform (GPL)
Quantum - game, clone of eufloria
Smack API - Easy to use Java XMPP client library
- Eclipse related packages:
- Selenium related packages:
- Hadoop / SOLR / Nutch related packages:
For people not too deep into the debian packaging that want to help a short note on the abbreviations:
- RFP: Request for Packaging - somebody filed a bug in the Debian bug tracking system (BTS)
- ITP: Intend To Package - somebody stated he's willing to package a software for Debian
- Add links to ITP's for each package listed here, if none there, decide if you want to file one, or move them to the "maybe interesting" list of packages nobody actually volunteered to put work in
perhaps we could make sure ITP/RFP's are filed for all these packages, and then user bugs.debian.org/usertags to generate this list?