|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
|## page was renamed from DebianJavaReleaseGoals|
Debian Java Goals
This page contains the list of things that the Java Team would like to finish within the given release. These goals are generally goals that either affects a lot of packages, may involve a lot of work or improve the Debian Java infrastructure.
Feel free to claim any goal without a driver; if you wish to help with a specific goal, please contact the driver of that goal.
Complete default-jdk-builddep -> default-jdk + gcj-native-helper split
- Driver: Niels Thykier, Status: About 5 packages needs to be checked.
Lintian nags about this : http://lintian.debian.org/tags/build-depends-on-obsolete-package.html
- Debhelper integration for maven-repo-helper and maven-debian-helper
- Driver: Ludovic Claude, Status: in progress
- Driver: Possibly Russ Allbery?, Status: Draft
- Compile bytecode to native code post install (removal of -gcj packages).
- Driver: ?, Status: Not started
- Make jarwrapper installable and functional on non-Linux ports.
- Driver: Niels Thykier, Status: planning-phase
- Allow Java Library Transitions (possibly) via a SONAME-like method.
Driver: javatools maintainers?, Status: Not started/debated at DebConf10.
- A Debian Maven repository
- Driver: ?, Status: ?
- A Debian OSGi repository
- Enforce the well-documented classpath policy
- OpenJDK-7 - rebuild of the archive with this version
Driver: ?Sylvestre Ledru
- Status: Done
- OpenJDK on kfreebsd
- Status: Done
Snapshots package here: http://people.debian.org/~drazzib/openjdk/kfreebsd-snapshots/
Last status update: http://lists.debian.org/debian-bsd/2011/10/msg00061.html