Call For Participation
NOTE: CFP now open! - Original announcement
Welcome to the Free Java Developer Room at FOSDEM 2020 Call For Participation!
We encourage you to submit a talk idea for Java/DevJam/2020/Fosdem
Submit one (or more) 25 minute talk proposal(s) by the 1st of December 2019, 23.59 CET.
We will notify all those submitting proposals about acceptance around the the 15th of December 2019.
This year's theme is "25 for 25". In particular we are looking for talks that cover (but those are just ideas, really, surprise us!):
- Why Free Java technology is awesome
- Virtual Machine
- Universality: porting to new operating system / architecture combinations
- Specialized hardware (e.g. large, mobile or embedded, ARM32 and ARM64)
- Standing on the Shoulders of Free Java
- Extending the language/platform (invokedynamic, lambda, fork/join, jigsaw, etc.)
- Dynamic languages such as Ruby, Scala and Clojure
- Applications built on dynamic languages such as Rails, Lift, Ring
- The future of Free Java
- Building and growing the Free Java community
- The role, governance and state of Free Java projects such as OpenJDK, OpenJFX, Jakarta EE, etc...
- Experiences with the JCP and JEP
- More ideas for the Future Java!
To submit a talk proposal (and yes you may submit more than one), please compose an e-mail with the following information:
- Funny titles appreciated, but please do include the name of your project.
- Abstract (at least two paragraphs)
- If possible describe why Free Java is helpful or perhaps even essential to your project.
- What the audience will learn from the talk.
- How can people help out with the project, what feedback are you looking for?
Recording me on audio and/or video
acceptable under a CC-BY-2.0 license (DEFAULT)
- not acceptable
- Brief Bio
- Microblog URL
- Blog URL
For inspiration check out the awesome talks we had last year!
Searching for sponsors!