Call For Participation
NOTE: the CFP deadline ends at 23.59, 1th of December 2013, CET. - See the original announcement here
Welcome to the Free Java Developer Room at FOSDEM 2014 Call For Participation!
We encourage you to submit a talk idea for Java/DevJam/2014/Fosdem
Submit one (or more) 25 minute talk proposal(s) by the 1th of December 2013 (23.59, CET timezone).
We will notify all those submitting proposals about acceptance around the the 6th of December 2013.
This year's theme is "JVM melting pot". In particular we are looking for talks that cover (but those are just ideas, really, surprise us!):
- Why Free Java technology is awesome
- Virtual Machine
- Universality: porting to new operating system / architecture combinations
- Specialized hardware (e.g. large, mobile or embedded, ARM32 and the upcoming ARM64)
- Standing on the Shoulders of Free Java
- Extending the language/platform (invokedynamic, lambda, fork/join, jigsaw, etc.)
- Dynamic languages such as Ruby, Scala and Clojure
- Applications built on dynamic languages such as Rails, Lift, Ring
- The future of Free Java
- Building and growing the Free Java community
The role, governance and state of Free Java projects such as OpenJDK, IcedTea, GNU Classpath, Eclipse, Apache Harmony, etc.
- Experiences with the JCP
To submit a talk proposal (and yes you may submit more than one), please compose an e-mail with the following information:
- Funny titles appreciated, but please do include the name of your project.
- Abstract (at least two paragraphs)
- If possible describe why Free Java is helpful or perhaps even essential to your project.
- What the audience will learn from the talk.
- How can people help out with the project, what feedback are you looking for?
- Recording me on audio and/or video is
acceptable under a CC-By-SA-3.0-USA license
- not acceptable
- Brief Bio
- Microblog URL
- Blog URL
And send it to Free Java DevRoom mailing list
For inspiration check out the awesome talks we had last year!