Call For Participation
Welcome to the Free Java Developer Room at FOSDEM 2012 Call For Participation!
We encourage you to submit a talk idea for Java/DevJam/2012/Fosdem
Submit one (or more) 30 minute talk proposal(s) by the 23rd of December.
We will notify all those submitting proposals about acceptance by the 30th of December.
This year's theme is "Java Momentum". In particular we are looking for talks that cover:
- Why Free Java technology is awesome
- Virtual Machine
- Universality: porting to new operating system / architecture combinations
- Specialized hardware (e.g. large, mobile or embedded)
- Standing on the Shoulders of Free Java
- Extending the language/platform (invokedynamic, lambda, fork/join, jigsaw, etc.)
- Dynamic languages such as Ruby, Scala and Clojure
- Applications built on dynamic languages such as Rails, Lift, Ring
- The future of Free Java
- Building and growing the Free Java community
The role, governance and state of Free Java projects such as OpenJDK, IcedTea, GNU Classpath, Apache Harmony, etc.
- Experiences with the JCP
To submit a talk proposal (and yes you may submit more than one), please compose an e-mail with the following information:
- Funny titles appreciated, but please do include the name of your project.
- Abstract (at least two paragraphs)
- If possible describe why Free Java is helpful or perhaps even essential to your project.
- What the audience will learn from the talk.
- How can people help out with the project, what feedback are you looking for?
- Interest in video:
- Yes: please record the talks
- Maybe: I don't mind if you record the talks
- No: please do not record my talk
- Brief Bio (pointers to your microblog, blog and/or projects)
TBD -- list being created: And send it to email@example.com by the 23rd of December (remove "NOSPAM.").