["?DebianWikiTopics"] > DebianOn
- [:Installing_Debian_On/Thinkpad: Thinkpad] from IBM and Lenovo
[:?DebianOnVaio: Sony Vaio]
- [:Installing_Debian_On/LG: LG Electronics]
- [:Installing_Debian_On/Samsung: Samsung]
- [:Installing_Debian_On/HP: Hewlett Packard (HP)]
Non computer (embedded..)
[:DebianOnHandhelds: Hand-helds] Capable of running Debian
- [:DebianWRT: WRT ] wireless routers
[:VideoGameConsole: Video Game Console] Capable of running Debian (PS3, Xbox..)
See also [:Embedded_Debian:Embedded Debian]
Contributing / Editing
If you want to contribute, you should read DebianOn's [:Installing_Debian_On/HowToContribute:How To Contribute]
TODO & BUG of DebianOn Project
TODO: Review DebianOn Pages
The DebianOn pages should be reviewed by a native English Speakers
TODO: Choose a name
Find a good name (and Logo) for DebianOn.. Any idea ? Suggestion ?
DebianOn : short name. Easy to remember. "On" make "it works".
DebiOn : short name. Easy to remember. sounds too similar to debiAn. also spelling is confusing (might use Debi'On)
TODO: Choose a Namespace
under moinmoin, the page name is the same as the page's title. Since page titles is very important for search engines (when ranking a page), the page names shouldn't use CamelCase, but Camel_Case, or Camel/Case (googling "Front Page" site:wiki.debian.org is more effective than "FrontPage" site:wiki.debian.org)
- moinmoin wiki search keyword in page titles by default, so Installing_Debian_On/Dell/Latitude_D620 has more change to match what user wants. (Whoever, the "Installing Debian" prefix might quickly become an overloaded namespace)
- The namespace is how people understand the site organisation.
some wiki features might work with DebianOnThinkpadT60 but not with Debian_On_Thinkpad_T60 or with Debian/On/Thinkpad/T60 (like managing attachment, finding PageFragment, using variables, using built-in search ... see [wiki:HelpOnEditing/SubPages ?SubPages])
some wiki features might work with DebianOnThinkpadT60 but not with Debian_On_Thinkpad_T60 (or with Debian/On/Thinkpad/T60 )
- Automatic linking of "Wiki_Page_With_Space" doesn't work (Not sure should be considered a bug;)
Searching WikiPage works, searching Wiki_Page doesn't work at all, searching Wiki Page returns all page with Wiki or Page, searching "Wiki Page" works fine (see [wiki:MoinMoinBugs/UnderscoreAndTitleSearch ?UnderscoreAndTitleSearch] )
Typically, the namespace could be could be
- Install_Debian_On/Dell - Manufacturer homepage. State Linux support (we can link "Dell" to "Install_Debian_On/Dell")
- Install_Debian_On/Dell/Latitude - Optional page
Install_Debian_On/Dell/Latitude_D620 - the page "How to install Debian on Dell Latitude D620"
Install_Debian_On/Dell/Latitude_D620/!?MoreInformationAndComments - Page comments, discussions...
Install_Debian_On/!?PageFragment_Cpufrequtils_BaseConfig - To be Included only
Install_Debian_On/Dell/!?PageFragment_Mydellspecificdevice - To be Included only
TODO : Debian versions Consideration
With each release, Debian gets better and better support for more and more hardware. Therefore installation status and procedures varies. How can we support many version ? (oldstable, stable, testing)
- 1.Contribution for testing.
- Some people don't run stable. Why prevent them from contributing ?
- Testing version will become stable someday. It's best to have our installation-guides ready that day.
- Why prevent them from contributing ?
- Unstable version will become testing someday.
- Unstable is both :
- A fast moving target : one specific can be very different in testing and unstable.
Very similar to testing : a small amount of packages are actually very different in testing and in stable.